Tuesday, June 8, 2010

S is for SingTel, Samsung Galaxy S and Super Junior!!!



Truth is, I am sceptical when it comes to smartphones. I hate my Blackberry Bold so much (due to its faulty track ball – I had to change the phone twice fyi) that I wish I can end my contract soon.

So when I heard SingTel will be introducing a new touch screen smartphone called Samsung Galaxy S in the market, I was excited as it’s rumoured to be the new i-Phone that everyone’s been waiting for! I did my research; googled about the new phone and off I went to SingTel’s Samsung Galaxy S media launch which was held at Marina Bay Sands (MBS) Expo and Convention Centre last Sunday.

The media launch venue (Melati Room) is big and grand. And the media attendees were, well how do I put it, "kiasu"! Everyone was so enthusiastic and the wubby had to keep on reminding the journalists and photographers to be seated as there were several video cams from the broadcast media stationed at the back of the room to capture the launch as well.

Evidence of eager journalists and photographers!





While waiting for the launch to commence, I couldn't help but to look at other people’s cameras and lenses, and secretly wish that I own them. Yes, I’m crazy like that.



I was getting a bit restless. Thank god, I bought a new pair of Clarks' flats the day before where I could comfortably wriggle my toes.



These Samsung girls also caught my eye as they looked like they were from the “A-Go-Go” era rather than the future. Seriously, the outfit creator/designer should be fired for being tasteless.




Now, I shall not digress and move on to the actual launch.

The launch was commemorated by SingTel’s Executive Vice President of Consumer, Mr Yuen Kuan Moon and Managing Director of Samsung Asia, Mr Sung-Hyun Moon. I wonder if they are siblings as they have the same surname – Moon.



With this, Singaporeans will be the first in the world to experience the Korean-made Android™ 2.1 Samsung Galaxy S – thanks to SingTel!

Samsung believes that the Android-powered Galaxy S will set a new standard for smartphones. Galaxy S has the slimmest and ultra-responsive super amoled screen for clearest and bright viewing of high definition videos at all angles, even in the sun!




I think so too! See how vivid the colours of the picture taken by 5.0-megapixel Galaxy S' camera! I'm so impressed! *Nods with approval*



There are several screen modes which you can choose from like macro, landscape, party/indoor, sports, night and portrait with shots which ranges from continuous, self, action, cartoon, smile, vintage and panorama. The camera also comes with anti-shake, blink-detection and auto contrast.

It also come with VGA video telephony camera - HD video playing and recording (1280 x 720) with up to 30 frames per sec.

See product specifications and review from CNET Asia!


Now, let's get down to business. How much will it cost you?

 Galaxy 3G Flexi Lite Plan Galaxy 3G Flexi Plan Galaxy 3G Flexi Plus Plan
Monthly Subscription
$39
$56
$96
FREE incoming calls
FREE Local Outgoing Calls
100 mins
200 mins
500 mins
Additional Talktime for Family & Friends!*
Extra 200 mins FREE Talktime
FREE Mobile TV Basic Pack

Enjoy FREE 24 months Mobile TV viewing. FREE viewing is applicable to 4 channels on Basic Pack:


(1) Channel NewsAsia
(2) Bloomberg TV
(3) ETTV Asia
(4) Dragon TV
FREE Local Data Usage
12GB
Capped at $30/month for unlimited usage
FREE SingTel Amped
Unlimited song downloads with no data charges from AMPed Music Store





























*Applicable only when calling to SingTel and SingTel Mobile numbers.

It was quite apparent during the launch that Korean hot sensation, Super Junior, was the one who stole the limelight. But it's all good as telecommunication and entertainment work nicely hand-in-hand. I believe Galaxy S is targeted at the youths, seeing the turnout of young fans at the main entrance from as early as 5pm was simply amazing. I had to walk a long distance to reach to the venue where the launch was held as security was very tight.




Introducing the 9 members from Super Junior.
They are:
(1) Lee Teuk
(2) Hee Chul
(3) Ye Sung
(4) Shin Dong
(5) Sung Min
(6) Eun Hyuk
(7) Dong Hae
(8) Si Won
(9) Ryae Wook






Amidst the screaming fans, look whom I've met on site?



Izaar, Hyrul, ShaB (smiling at the back) and of course, Atiyah who kindly snapped this picture.

Thanks SingTel for the closed door invitation to the media launch and Super Junior's showcase! Hail to the Reds for bringing yet another breakthrough for Singaporeans to enjoy - Android™ 2.1 Samsung Galaxy S!

For more information, visit www.singtel.com.


Can't get enough of Super Junior? Click onto the video below to listen to their famous "Sorry, Sorry" song.




Note to Super Junior's fans: Members of the public can view and post videos of Super Junior's exclusive performance on their Galaxy S, via SingTel's Mobile TV. So what are you waiting for? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment