Saturday, June 12, 2010

Recipe #1: Chilli, Lemon and Parsley Linguine

My craving for Badoque Cafe's Aglio Olio was so bad that I decided to cook a substitute dish - Chilli, Lemon and Parsley Linguine to ease my craving. I don't blame baby cos Badoque really provides big and quality servings at no additional service charge and GST (government tax). Too good to be true? Check out their website to find out more. The place's highly recommended for a yummylicious treat with friends and loved ones that doesn't burn a hole in your pocket. And no, Badoque's management does not pay me to say this.

Now, back to Chilli, Lemon and Parsley Linguine...

Armed with "yakin mau lebih" confidence but no experience in Italian cuisine, my meal with a mission started at 1pm yesterday. I was lucky Raudaa was on off-in-lieu and was able to accompany me to NTUC (Joo Chiat branch) to buy the ingredients. We took nearly 2 hours to find the things we need. Trust me, it was pretty chaotic, not because we were not prepared on the list of things to buy, but the outlet's product placement and assortment are all over the place. Sorry NTUC for saying this. I still love you nevertheless, for your aircon and value-for-money items cos I always get cheated when I'm at Geylang's wet market. Tsk.

Preparing the ingredients was pretty smooth and easy. I'm sure if I get to practice everyday, I will only get better and the food, tastier.

The outcome - ta-daa! A fulfilling lunch for three!



It definitely tastes better with Parmesan Cheese and deep-fried chicken drumlets. A bit of carbohydrate won't harm your weight and will ensure you and your loved ones are sufficiently fed!



Here's the recipe (serves 2-3):

Ingredients
(1) 250g linguine, boiled till soft
(2) Grated zest of 1 lemon
(3) Half cup lemon juice
(4) Chopped parsley
(5) 2 red and 2 green chillies combined, finely chopped
(6) 6 tbsp olive oil
(7) 30g butter
(8) 1 clove garlic
(9) Salt and pepper to taste

Simple, isn't it?

Method:
(1) Heat up olive oil in a pan and add in butter to melt.
(2) Fry garlic in the pan briefly, then add chilli and fry again for a few seconds.
(3) Add in cooked linguine, lemon zest and juice as well as parsley. Toss to coat and heat through, then serve.

Have fun in trying out the recipe and happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment