Friday, December 31, 2010

Survival skill: First swimming lesson

I've been waiting for the right time to bring Shaura to the swimming pool.
After all, it's important that I start early to teach her to be at ease with water,
especially after the flash flood incident that hit Singapore last July.

It affected my family. Shaura was barely 2 months old then.
I knew right from the beginning that I should teach her
the most important survival skill in life - to swim!


Here's the tricky part - I know Shaura loves bathing time but that doesn't mean she loves water activities.
Just like if you love to eat, that doesn't mean you love to eat e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. 
I'm sure you'll be selective when it comes to food, right?
The same theory applies.

I've done a checklist to ensure Shaura is comfortable for her first swimming lesson. 
I want her to have FUN, and at the same time, keep the activity within budget!



I'm glad the first lesson went really well.
Shaura simply loves being in the pool, doing splish-splashing and getting curious
by touching her tree-looking buoy. We sure look forward to the next water activity!

Here's a very happy Shaura Marissa...
Her first swimming lesson in a summary :)




Do note: Never leave your baby alone during water play. 
Young children have been known to drown in small amounts of water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment