Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Photo Tips & Tricks #1: Editing your photos (The fastest way)

I love spending time on Facebook. With real-time live feeds, I think it's the best social site by far. Twitter is fun to just rant and do some "people-watching" through the conversations and RTs (retweets) but you can do many more with Facebook such as uploading your photos, putting up notes, play games...the list just goes on and on. 

The best part about Facebook is that you can re-connect with your long lost friends. Well, I get to catch up with my ex-boss from the Prisons recently. We share a common interest in photography so it doesn't take us long to just talk and share tips on the subject. Thing is, many fail to realize that it's not the gadget i.e. the camera or lens that's important. It's the editing skills, no matter how blurry and dark the photos can be that you can salvage, that's important.

How to turn your normal photo...


into this?



I'm going to share my best kept secret in editing my photos. I only took minutes to change the above look - NOT with the professional help of Photoshop which can cost you thousands of dollars but a free software by Google called Picasa.

What did I do? 
(1) Simply increase the contrast
(2) And add a soft focus effect

Yes! That's it!

Picasa is so user-friendly, it doesn't take long for you to fall in love with its various tunings and effects. Experience the magic of the software and go to http://picasa.google.com to start downloading. Again, it's FREE, people!

Just like Ikea's tagline "You don't have to be rich, to be clever", you don't need expensive professional help. All you need is just you and your creativity :)

Have fun experimenting!

No comments:

Post a Comment